About Avangarda Films
Avangarda is a full service film and video production company for corporate and commercial clients. Our capabilities range from cinematography services to full-scale start-to-finish productions.
For producers and directors who require a cinematographer, Avangarda offers a broad range of expertise in the preproduction and production processes, including everything from crew, equipment and lighting needs to location scouting, casting, styling and set construction.
For those who require a full-service approach, Avangarda will develop and execute your project from start to finish. This begins with crafting messages and extends through the complete production process, including scriptwriting, video editing, graphics, animation, color correction, sound mixing, etc.
Types of productions include:
Corporate, Branding and Product Marketing Videos
Company and Personal Profiles
Television Commercials and Promos
Training and Educational Video Programs
- Web and Interactive Videos
Time Lapse Video
Mihai Chebac - Cinematographer
Mihai's vast knowledge of cinematography, longstanding production teams and state-of-the-art cameras allow him to create stunning imagery in every production. Mihai brings to your project a formal education in film and television with a Master's degree from the I.L. Caragiale Film Institute in Bucharest, Romania. He worked at Buftea Film Studios for many years as a cinematographer on feature films, and upon coming to the United States in the 80s, he began working with top studios and agencies in the Boston, New York and Los Angeles. He started his own company in 1992.
His credits as director of photography include:
- “The Next President” with David Frost, a production of US News and World Report, 13 hour TV series including interviews with Ronald Reagan (at the White House), George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Al Gore, Joe Biden, and Mike Dukakis, among others.
- “Talking With David Frost”, a PBS series, included program length interviews with Jacques Cousteau, Clint Eastwood and others.
- Promos for Discovery Channel, ParadineTelevision, WNEC-TV Channel 7, PBS Boston.
- Television commercials and videos for dozens of agencies including: Hill Holiday, Arnold & CO., Captains of Industry, Corey MacPherson Nash, DBR, Sean Tracy Associates.
- Over 200 educational video segments for Oxford University, and the Touchstone and Icon series for Cambridge University Press.
- Over 500 corporate image programs for clients such as HP, Polaroid, IBM, AT&T, Ricoh, Fleet Bank, BMW, Subaru, GTE, Putnam Investments, Agfa, Travelers, Genuity, Bose Corporation, Sodexo, Harvard Business Review, Citrix, Samsung, Motorola.
- Video programs for academic institutions including: Harvard Business School, Wellesley College, Northeastern University, Suffolk University, University of Vermont, Cambridge School of Weston, Cushing Academy.